Monday, October 10, 2011

National Park Series: Visiting Natural Bridges April 2010

I don't know if you remember when I our family visited Mesa Verde two years ago, and I said we were going to use our National Parks Pass as much as we could in the coming year.  Well, you saw my posts about Arches, and then one about Natural Bridges.  This is part two of our visit to Natural Bridges National Monument.  We also used our parks pass at Arches again.  Then, in one long drive (over a few days), we went to Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Grand Staircase National Monument, and Capitol Reef National Park.  Those posts are still coming.  I thought it would be fun to try to update you on some of those visits.  I know I am way behind, but I hardly blogged at all in 2010 and I do prefer to have a record of our lives here, so here we go:

Here we are hiking down to the Owachamo Bridge.  We think some day we would like to do the full hike down the canyon, starting at Sipapu Bridge.  We have always hiked down to Sipapu Bridge in the past, when we have brought family or friends down, but the trail was still covered with ice and snow then, so that wasn't an option this time.  I have been down to the Owachamo Bridge a few times with my kids' classes when they were here for field trips.

 It is awe-inspiring every time.
 My kids love posing on the rocks.
 and under the bridge
 my doll
  "Take my picture, Mom!"
Our family poses for a picture framed by the bridge.


We make a good-looking bunch, don't we?

 And my girls' favorite part is earning their Junior Ranger badges
Here they are, getting sworn in.  It was all very official.  They loved it!

Yes, this was a year and a half ago.  I intend to post more pictures from our other National Parks visits in the next few days (not that there isn't plenty of stuff going on here now that I will need to post about).  I just like to mix it up, okay?

No comments: