Monday, June 10, 2013

Our Special Guests: Part Two

When I originally spoke to Abbey's parents about them coming down for Spring Break, I misunderstood their time frame.  I thought they would be coming down in March, during the week of my kids Spring Break.  When they didn't show up, I figured out they were talking about April (duh!)  Unfortunately, the weather was absolutely perfect in March, but it was positively dreadful in April!  We had planned to take Abbey and her parents to Natural Bridges, but there was a blizzard! Yes, a blizzard, in the middle of April.  We made the trek anyway, in extremely limited visibility, and even stopped for pictures and a small hike in the snow.

Britt and I went to Natural Bridges on one of our first "dates" 19 years ago.  Ever since then, we have been happy to host friends and relatives there.  We really do love that park (monument, whatever the government wants to call it).

In spite of the blowing snow, we had a great time in Natural Bridges National Monument.  It was even fun to spend some time in the Visitor's Center there, and to see some of Abbey's dad's published books for sale there in the gift shop. No pictures of that, sorry. . .

Natural Bridges is a bit of a drive from Blanding, made longer by the blowing snow

Olivia was not a fan of the snow


There is a natural bridge down there somewhere

cute girls


We hiked down to Owachamo bridge.  It was cold

and snowy














Abbey's dad took this picture.  I think I was happy on that day :)

No comments: