Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Two years ago in Bryce Canyon

After we left Zion National Park, we journeyed east towards Bryce Canyon National Park.  Our goal was to hit all of the southern National Parks and monuments on our journey home.  (Okay, when I say all, I mean the ones not in our back yard, like Arches, Canyonlands, and Natural Bridges). 


These first two pictures may look like the same thing, but they are two different man-made arches we passed through on our way to Bryce Canyon National Monument

FYI:  Bryce Canyon is not actually a canyon at all, it is a series of rock formations created in this unique geographical area, but the area is NOT a canyon.

The reason I have so many pictures here is several were taken with Garrett's camera, some with Rachel's camera, and some with my camera:



I don't think he meant to stick his tongue out at me


Olivia is afraid of the edge







Can you see the tiny people hiking down there?






What an amazing place we live in!  I have always wanted to visit Bryce Canyon, but since it is on a road we rarely travel (this would be the first time), it hasn't happened until now.  I am so glad Britt decided to take the long way home from St. George on this occasion.  It was a beautiful journey.

1 comment:

Britt Barton said...

Fun trip, can't believe how much those kids have grown!