Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy St. Patty's Day

This is what my kids got from me for St. Patrick's Day, because I am awesome like that.  No, I didn't put any goodies in their shoes that morning or leave leprechaun footprints or anything like that.  Hey, the Tooth Fairy has a hard enough time visiting my house; and my other alter egos, Santa and the Easter Bunny keep me busy enough.

But hey, I did something nice for them.  Thanks to Our Best Bites for the idea.  They were a big hit with all the kids.  The girls got to snack on them on our way to a volleyball tournament in Dove Creek, and the boys actually got theirs later, because I was slow to get going that day, and I was also trying to create some cute green hair bows for my volleyball players, since otherwise they had no green.  Guess I should have just thought of doing what several girls on the Cortez team did and sprayed their hair green.

I don't know why we don't celebrate St. Patty's Day around these parts.  I do have a bit of Irish in me, I think; mostly Scottish, some Finnish, etc.  Is that right, Mom?  Still, I know I have got to have some Irish in me, because I love the Irish step dancing and the Celtic music, love Enya,  and I was so sad when the Black Donnellys got canceled.  And all kinds of other Irish stuff, too.  Just watched P.S. I Love You the other day, and Oh! I want to GO to Ireland now.

But anyway, Happy St. Patty's Day to all of you a week or so late.  I am thinking about doing a bit of catch up blogging today.  But we will see whether or not that actually happens.

No comments: