Monday, April 23, 2012

License to Drive

This is the sight that greeted me today as Garrett exited his dad's car, along with the Driver License official, after taking his driving test this morning for the second time (the first was last week on his birthday):


In case you can't tell, it means he passed! Woot!

Here he is posing with his temporary license. 

And here he is getting into his "new" car to drive himself to school.

The lady who took him out for his test today (and last week) was fairly pleasant today.  Last week, pleasant, nice, polite, friendly. . . none of those would be adjectives I could use to describe her.  She told him he was less nervous today.  He didn't think he had been that nervous the first time.  I really believe it is their policy there to not pass young drivers the first time, just to make them "learn" or something.  Anyway, I don't want to say anything more about her because I would just be unkind.

The point is Garrett got his license to drive today!!!  In some ways, my life is about to get a lot simpler. And in other ways, it just got a lot more complicated (hopefully not too much).  Go, Garrett. :)

1 comment:

Gail said...

YAY! Congratulations, Garrett! Can you run some errands for me?