Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Until We Meet Again--Part 1

Can I say something? Can I tell you I do not like change. Well, I don't. I know our lives are changing all the time. I mean, how many times have we moved in the past several years? But that doesn't mean I have to like it. I don't. I want all my kids to stay the ages they are now. I want my niece to still be the little girl who played in the bathtub with her cousin Garrett. (Aren't you glad I didn't post any of those pictures, Morgan?)

I want us all to stay here, in our little corner of the world, happy, content and comfortable. What? You think that's boring?! Well, what's so wrong with things staying boring, simple, predictable? Okay, maybe doing nothing is not such a good thing. But change is hard. It is so hard.

Morgan is leaving us today. She is getting on a plane and flying across the country and across the world. Eventually, she will arrive at her new home with a host family in Belgium. I can't believe she is old enough to be a senior, much less old enough to go live in another country for a year! I mean, I can believe it, and what an awesome experience for her. But it still makes me a little sad. We are going to miss her so much around here. She made me an aunt for the first time 17 years ago. I have loved having her and her family living here in Blanding with us, seeing her often on Sunday's at Grandma Gail's or other family events. I have loved being able to claim her as my niece when others say, "I did not know she was related to you." I have loved knowing that she was watching out for Garrett, and maybe he was watching out for her a little, this past year at the high school.

But, at least we don't have to say, "Goodbye." As my brother-in-law, James Hughes said in his testimony on Sunday, at least in the Mormon Church, we don't have to say, "goodbye;" we can say, "Till we meet again." So, Morgan, until we meet again, here are the pictures from the party we had for you on Saturday at your Grandma Kathy's. Love you. Be good.

Photobucket
It doesn't seem fair that we make the guest of honor do the work, but she wanted crepes, and they take time to prepare, so here she is in the kitchen
Photobucket
Look at all that yummy food: Belgian Waffles, crepes, whipped cream, berries, Belgian Chocolate
Photobucket
We still can't believe she is leaving, but won't it be an awesome experience for her
Photobucket
And now for several unflattering pictures of people eating
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
looking good
Photobucket
Sorry, Cole
Photobucket
Rachel is a model, posing in the tree. We won't mention the potted plant she knocked down, while she was peeking through the bars of the deck.
Photobucket
My parents, Morgan's grandparents
Photobucket
Morgan's other grandparents, Kathy and Winston Hurst
Photobucket
The "grown-up" area
Photobucket
Morgan's parents, Kim and my brother Worthy Glover
Photobucket
The kids' area
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The Friends area
Photobucket
"You do not want to watch that movie!"
Photobucket
"Ooh, pick me, pick me!"
Photobucket
Tyler thinks she is one of the big kids

It was such a fun time spending the evening at the Hursts, celebrating Morgan. When it was eventually time to go, we said our farewells and then proceeded to take forever to get out of there. Her parents are doing amazingly well, but I have to admit I am freaking out a little. This is such a wonderful opportunity for her. But I selfishly want her to be here, just up the street, just down at Patio, just at play practice with Garrett, just at the pool with her sister and brother.

Morgan, we will miss you. We love you, and we hope you have a marvelous adventure! Please, please, please keep us updated on your experiences on your blog, in email, whatever. Take care of you.

No comments: