Thursday, August 18, 2011

Until We Meet Again--Part 2

One day, you announced you were moving. I was in the middle of a crazy, hectic summer, and I said to myself, "I will find the time to help her. I will do something for them, this family who has given so selflessly for so many, including myself and my family." I thought about making a meal, offering to help you pack. I know you aren't one to ask for help, but I figured I would just come in and do it for you. Except I am still not very good at just barging in and helping, even if you are my sister. So, I did not very much of anything for you, besides making a Snickers Salad for your going-away dinner at Verdure.

I am sorry.

Truthfully, I think I have been in a bit of denial that you guys were really leaving us. Although I need you to know this: I am thrilled for you and your family that you get to experience this Grand Alaskan Adventure. Maybe I am even a little jealous. Just a little.

By way of apology, I hope you will accept a few pictures of that last evening at Verdure, until we meet again. . .

Photobucket
Rachel was so excited to spend some time with her cousin, Brittany. She even put together a little present, wrapped and everything, full of girly things like nail polish and stickers.

Photobucket
Apparently, other family members had the same idea, because Brittany already had a care package full of artsy things. Maybe we are not the only ones that noticed she likes being creative.

Photobucket
Brittany and Rachel spent the whole evening there doing nails.

Photobucket
"Brittany's Nail Salon"

Photobucket
Tyler and Olivia worked on their own nails.

Photobucket
The boys watched TV

Photobucket
Kaiden just hanging out

Photobucket
Hunter, on the one day he can get away with stealing Grandma Carol's Diet Coke

Photobucket
And dear, sweet Oaklee struggled the whole evening. Goodbyes are just hard. Here she is letting Tyler hug her.

Photobucket
And Rachel gives Oaklee a hug. Oaklee with her brave face.

Photobucket
Brittany makes Olivia promise to remember her. . .

Photobucket
. . . and keep reminding Olivia's mom to finish crocheting the doll purse she was supposed to make last year for Brittany's birthday (it is more than half done already, so you know).

Photobucket
One more hug for Rachel

Photobucket
and Tyler, too.

We love our Hughes cousins!

You guys, be safe. Keep us updated as much as you can. But most of all, just enjoy your experiences with each other there in Alaska.

Love,
The Barton family

No comments: