Friday, December 23, 2011

The Elementary School Christmas Sing-Around

Last night I had a dream that I missed the girls' Christmas Program at the elementary school.  I was really sad, and a little bit panicked that I could have let that happen.  When I woke up, I still felt a little bit guilty about it.  But, after we had family prayer, I realized it was happening today, and I could go after all!  Britt and I got to the school a little early, but we were surprised to discover that they were hardly any parents there.  Then, the lunch room at the school began filling up with kids, kids and more kids, and we kind of realized why.  There was just no room for an audience.  I guess the students were supposed to be their own audience.

Still, I was happy to be there, even though it meant missing Zumba--sorry, Kd.  It was really fun to watch those kids perform.  And I even got some of it on video with my new camera.  Unfortunately, I have not figured out how to load it onto my computer so that I can post it here.  Oh well.  Maybe later. 

Rachel shines 

Tyler is too cool for pictures 

Olivia was so happy to see us.  Unfortunately, she was in the very back behind a lot of other first graders, so when it was time for her to perform, we could not see her at all. 

My nephew, Thomas Perkins 

Rachel performing with the Fourth Graders 

And this is Rachel performing with the Heritage Performers.  She has recently started attending Heritage Language, where she learns Navajo with some of her friends.  They sang three different songs today in Navajo.  It was really fun to watch.  In case you didn't know, Rachel's Grandpa Worthy speaks Navajo.  He learned the language many years ago when serving in the Southwest Indian Mission.  He still speaks Navajo today, and is famous for his Navajo Children's Song Recordings, which are used often in the local school district.

Okay, I am going to bed.  And I don't need any more dreams where I wake up with a sick feeling.  Santa is ready to come.  I deserve to relax!

No comments: