Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day--Parade Time

This morning, I decided I wanted to make some cute hair ribbons for my girls and do their hair cute for the parade (one hour before the parade started). Luckily, they went along with my plan:

Photobucket
Doesn't Rachel look cute (and patriotic)?

Photobucket
And Olivia knows she is adorable!

Photobucket
proud to be American

Photobucket
Brittany came by with her kitten and some fans and pictures from the credit union (she's so cute; I made her stop for a picture)

Photobucket
Tyler did her own hair and hairbow
After this, she walked down the road and watched the parade with her friend from quilt camp who lives in Grand Junction and is visiting her grandma Mary Palmer right now

Photobucket
Cole is too cool for pictures anymore

Photobucket
Garrett is just wishing he had gotten more sleep last night (like me, he is not a morning person and getting up to put up flags in the neighborhood with the scouts kind of limited his plans to sleep in)

Photobucket
Worthy, Kim and her parents (Kate and big Worthy had to go back home after they got here; a little too much chaos in one location for Kate)

Photobucket
Papa Joe and Grandma Carol joined us, and Jesse's girlfriend, Kim Black (she didn't want me to take her picture, but we love her anyway)

Photobucket
Garrett wanted a better view of the parade (is this it?)

Photobucket
Worthy watching the parade (his mom wisely brought their own candy)

Photobucket
Uncle Jesse carrying the state flag

Photobucket
See, my girls DO know about being patriotic

Photobucket
waiting for the floats

Photobucket
They were so excited to see Aysia Pehrson, their friend. They had told me they were going to watch for her riding a horse in the parade. Yay, Aysia!

Photobucket
And then my Olivia Hope did this thing that was totally uncharacteristic of her--she ran TOWARDS the water truck. She actually dared someone with a hose to spray her earlier in the parade, but I didn't get a picture then. It is funny, because in the past, she was SO OFFENDED when the water truck tried to spray her at last year's parade.

Photobucket
look at those girls' faces!

Photobucket
Rachel is sweet, but the action behind her is pretty fun, too

Photobucket
Olivia is LOVING it!

Photobucket
I just couldn't believe this was my child. She was THRILLED to be soaked!

Photobucket
look at her back

Photobucket
Worthy is ready to go

Photobucket
and you see the other Worthy made it back to the parade without Katie-bug.

I am a little sad I missed the 5K this year. Garrett was going to help but after doing flags, he was too late. Oh well. It was really fun last year to watch various family members, including Britt, Garrett, Kim, Worthy, Rachel, Drew and Eryka and others crossing the finish line. Not as many in it this year, but it would have been fun to see Kim and Worthy run. They are awesome!

It was a fun parade, but man it was hot!

1 comment:

Chrislynn said...

So many great pictures! I am glad to see that you still watch the parade from the same spot we did as kids.