Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 7, 2011--or the Day I Took a Thousand Pictures in Mexico

Okay, maybe not a thousand. It doesn't help that I took three different cameras. And my computer saved the pictures in various random places, so it has taken a bit of tracking down and organizing to try to compile all this stuff and get things labeled on the right days. I can't figure out why some of my pictures were labeled with the wrong date. It has been kind of confusing to try to figure it all out, so I got a little sidetracked posting some other things I thought would not be as time-intensive. Now, I have to decide what to share with you from Tuesday, June 7. Enjoy:


Photobucket
playing beach volleyball

Photobucket
Jon's serve

Photobucket
Brittney dives

Photobucket
Kris serves, and "It's OUT!"

Photobucket
Jon and Stetler dive for the ball. Not sure what Paul is doing?

Photobucket
Paul's serve. . . it's out

Photobucket
Stetler (ouch, his poor knee)

Photobucket
Katie serves

Photobucket
Britt's serve. . . yeah, it's out

Photobucket
Megan dives for the ball

Photobucket
we take our sports seriously here

Photobucket
Britt again :)

Photobucket
Cortney's serve

Photobucket
water break

Photobucket
meanwhile, some of our crew joined a game of water volleyball

Photobucket
what's Taylor smiling about?

Photobucket
Ken's looking serious

Photobucket
Preston and Cole plan a strategy to win

Photobucket
ready to play

Photobucket
"I got it!"

Photobucket
Garrett knows how to relax in Mexico

Photobucket
Olivia sunbathing and snacking

Photobucket
nothing like Mexican Coke (too bad we brought these from home)

Photobucket
apparently, this is what I look like from Britt's lounge chair. I debated putting this picture up, but apparently, he loves me anyway, so it is all good.

Photobucket
Olivia borrowed a random new friend's flippers and my snorkel, and had a great time snorkeling

Photobucket
she's a natural

Photobucket
Cole and Preston joined a game of dodge ball on the beach

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
oops!
Photobucket
"We're gonna get you!"

Photobucket

So, yeah. Mexican Coke really is better than what we have here, and it is definitely better if you are drinking it IN Mexico. Britt and I brought way too much pop and ended up sharing most of it, because we couldn't possibly drink it. It is hard to drink pop (soda, whatever you like to call it) in extreme heat. I learned after the first couple days to make a point of drinking water constantly. It is much easier to enjoy yourself when you don't have a heat exhaustion headache.

We played so hard this day. It really was a lot of fun. The Macdonald boys and my boys all made friends with a couple of sisters from Prescott, Arizona. Ken paired off with the older one, and the four boys were left to play with the younger one. It was interesting when both of my boys made plans to meet her for movie night. Neither one wanted the other one there. They both got her number, and promised to text when they got home.

Of course, the boys went straight to scout camp when we got home, and their new friend stayed in Mexico for another week. We will have to see which brother wins out in the end, I guess.


As many pictures as I took, I am sad I didn't pull the camera out and get some shots of our full crew crammed into that little suite for meals. I felt kind of sorry for Annie and Jace, because they got to sleep there after everyone dragged sand in and spilled drinks and other things on the couch that became their bed. I am also sorry I didn't get any pictures from the balcony of that room, because they had an awesome view of the pool and the beach.

Our room was not a beach view room, but we really didn't mind. We had fast access to the pool, and we barely spent any time in our room, anyway. What time we spent there, we certainly didn't need a view of the beach to enjoy ourselves ;)

No comments: