Sunday, June 26, 2011

Yes, there's a Part III: Wednesday--Poolside


Photobucket
nap time

Photobucket
just chillin'

Photobucket
my girls were using borrowed boogie boards and tubes (we don't know who they borrowed them from)

Photobucket
Taylor terrorizing Rachel (she loved it!)

Photobucket
snack time

Photobucket
play time

Photobucket
time for contemplation

Photobucket
We loved playing games, poolside or back in our rooms at night. We had a lot of fun, just visiting, being silly, or if you were with Lisa, playing to win!

Photobucket
I don't know what they were asking him here

Photobucket
but it must have been funny

Photobucket
Garrett playing ball with his new friend Bailey from Prescott, AZ

Photobucket
"Are you taking a picture of me?"

Photobucket
Who will win?

Photobucket
Jacksen has the winning hand

Photobucket
or was he bluffing?

Britt and I have been trying to plan a vacation with the Macdonalds for a while now, but it is hard to nail them down. When Lisa called us back in April, saying she had an awesome deal for the resort they go to, the Mayan Palace near Puerto Penasco, Mexico, we couldn't pass it up. It sounded like so much fun. And Lisa planned all the meals and told us to just bring snacks to share and our own drinks. You almost feel a little guilty crashing their party.

No, you are just grateful you have great friends who think of you when an opportunity like this comes up.

We had so much fun with the Macdonalds and their kids' friends. One of the highlights for me was getting to know Scott and Wendy a little better and spending time with their kids. They all know how to have fun and include everyone in the fun.

Katie also took several fun pictures, which she recently posted on Facebook. She has promised me once I send a disc with the pictures I took and she gets pictures from everyone else, she will consolidate all of them onto a disc and send them to everybody who was there. I am really looking forward to that. I could steal some pictures from her Facebook page to show you, but I think I will wait until I get the disc.

Sometimes we went separate ways. The older kids may have been playing on the beach or back in their rooms while we were hanging out at the pool. But most of the time, we were all in the same vicinity, and everyone got along wonderfully.

Even my kids for the most part. Yeah, they had their moments. But for most of the time we were all just happy and having a blast or taking it easy.

The weather was wonderful, not too hot, only slightly breezy on a couple of days. Clear skies. I am not telling you this to make you jealous. Just reminiscing about how nice it was to be In Mexico June 4-11. Being with good friends made it even better. We truly are blessed.

One other thing we did Tuesday night (that I forgot to mention in that day's posts) was to attend the all-you-can-eat Steak Buffet at the resort restaurant. Yummy! Except they didn't plan for 30 Macdonalds/Bartons, etc., so I don't think they were too thrilled about bringing us more than one steak. That was okay with me; I couldn't even finish my Filet Mignon. But Brittney was disappointed, because she had planned to eat at least 3 or more yummy steaks. You think I am kidding, but I am not.

The funny incident at the restaurant was when we all started grabbing the little glasses of coconut smoothies in the dessert section. They were in glasses the size of a shot glass, and they looked really yummy. Then one of the servers warned us that they had about 10% alcohol in them. Of course, we put them back, but quickly discovered that several of the kids including Tyler had already drank one or more of the tasty, rum enhanced drinks. Fun times.

No comments: