Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The first letter I wrote to my birthdaughter

I think it is time we revisited this post.  If you haven't already, I would recommend reading any of the posts with the label:  being a birthmother or adoption.  I love adoption.  I love the multiple ways my life has been blessed by adoption.

But I have to warn you, some of the upcoming posts about my experience are not going to be as uplifting and joyous as the stuff I have posted recently.  I am keeping it real here.  And you have to know as wonderful as adoption is, it is hard, and it is painful, and as another blogger recently said, it is almost always about loss.  You cannot get around that; you cannot deny that loss.  Just try not to be too sad for me.  I survived.  There is joy, inexplicable joy that you cannot know without first passing through great sorrow.

No comments: